Sometimes, when you try to save changes in a Sketchup file, the following error can happen:
The CFileException 2 error can happen for various reasons, including:
You may be feeling kind of lost now… but don’t worry. To try and solve this problem, see if your situation fits into any of the causes below:
- The file that you saved is in a Dropbox/OneDrive/Amazon Cloud folder and it’s being synchronized as you edit it?
- You have write permission (can you save files) in the folder you want?
- The disk you are using has enough free space for this file?
- Your hard drive is showing ‘health problems’ or any other signs of imminent death?
Answered Yes to any of these questions? Then try to save the file into another disk or folder. Sketchup doesn’t like working with files that are on a network/shared folder or are being using by other programs.
If you use a cloud storage service (Dropbox, OneDrive, etc), it’s better to use it as a backup location. In my experience, SketchUp + files on the network (or cloud storage) = problem.
I hope it helped.
Latest posts by Breno RdV (see all)
- Unknown error when invoking pbwsemit.exe. (PowerBuilder) - October 3, 2018
- [Solved] Error “Unhandled Access Violation Reading” (AutoCad) - August 15, 2018
- Disable Adobe Application Manager for good - November 3, 2017